Take a look a this WEIRD Purina SunFresh Egg

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
Started giving my laying hen's Purina Layena about 3 month's ago and i find this in the nest bucket today.

28902_dsc01804.jpg

28902_dsc01805.jpg

You know that little logo purina put's on it's bag's of chick and layer feed? It's a picture of a sun and it say's "SunFresh Recipe" i believe. Now I've heard of market advertising but THIS is ridiculous! lol. Just thought i would share with all of you. It's just too coincidental NOT to share.
lol.png
Looks like it was going to be a clear egg but the hen decided to work a little harder at the last second. I might want to start incorporating some oyster shell from now on.

I've seen eggs like that, that were both hard and soft.
Be careful with the soft kind, had one tear open and make a big mess in the nest.
Ya, grit and oyster shells.
Mike

We used to get the occasional flat bottom egg. We wanted to breed for them. We had advertising all worked out (think late night infomercial) "The incredible non-rolling egg. Ladies don't you hate it when your eggs roll off of the counter? All that mess. All the time it takes to clean it up. Do we have the solution for you. Introducing the incredible non-rolling egg"
tongue2.gif

I got those from my chickens for a few days following the move . . . too much stress on the poor things, they couldn't concentrate on the shape of their eggs. I wonder if something spooked that hen during the night?

That's a weird one all right. Time for some oyster shell.

Quote:
Hahaha it might work. I seriously saw an infomercial a few nights ago for an egg-cracking tool. It showed people trying to crack their storebought eggs, and they kept dropping the eggs on the floor/countertop, or the things wouldn't crack...they've got this little set of plastic pliers now that you can put your eggs in and squeeze the handles and it cracks the thing for you! As if storebought eggs are that hard to crack! Wonder how many people have bought that silly thing for $20 and shipping?

I'm wishing the ones in my incubator were flat on one side. The tray in it has gotten warped and they roll everywhere with the slightest touch to the incubator.

Quote:
I had to look that up...
Seriously are people that inept? I've only had problems with cracking store eggs once I got use to home eggs, I feel like the Hulk craking those tissue paper shells lol. And my Grandma taught me how to seperate eggs when I was maybe 8 yoa... not that difficult. But I guess if it can be invented, it can be sold... just one more dish lol.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom