1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Take a look at Slick!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countrygirl4513, May 2, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Here's a few pictures you might enjoy. My hubby Dave and our 7 wk old "Slick". He loves to hop up on our heads and take a nap... or peck at our hair and eyes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oaknim

Oaknim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    Those are hill-air-ee-us! Thanks for sharing! ~ Oaknim

3. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Love it! What great pics!

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Great Pictures... Love your dh's smile in the last one!

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG] love the pictures!

6. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Funny pics [​IMG] He obviously likes you, I wonder though, Parrots do this sort of behavior as a way to establish dominance over you.
    Still new to chickens, I wonder if the same holds true for them. Obtaining the highest point makes you # 1 in the pecking order in the parrot world.

Take this with a grain of salt, consider the source and then get a second opinion [​IMG]

7. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I've said from the start... that Slick will be the first in the cookpot. He feels that he is the dominant bird in the flock, I think even over us, since they regard us as one of them. Once those spurs come out... I will be on my guard where he is concerned. I've learned from experience with roosters you can't read their minds you never know if they will turn on you. Just like a big ol'lazy dog. Just because they have never bitten before doesn't mean they still don't have it in them to do so.

8. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Those are great pics. We have a BSL cockrel who thinks the same thing. My hubby said he thinks he'll be one we keep.....uh huh sure honey, sure we will [​IMG] That lil roo and I go head to head and beak to beak. I have to keep reminding him who runs the show. My girlfriend who breeds cockatiels, doves etc. has a Cockatoo named Sam. That bird can SCREAM! He tries to be the boss and get on top of his cage. I outsmarted him one day. I just grabbed a dining room chair and stood on it. I was the taller one and he finally submitted. It's exhausting being the alpha. [​IMG]

9. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Great pics , I just stick their head in my mouth, reminds them whos who on the food chain.[​IMG]

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Great idea, beats any of the other ideas for dominance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by