TAKEN - Day old Muscovy Ducklings approx 25 Free

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jarhead, May 23, 2010.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    These have been claimed.

These guys hatched (and are still hatching) today under 2 broody Muscovy ladies. Currently there are 28 total with 3 more pipping - so if all goes well there will be a total of 31. We live in suburbia and the ducks are our backyard pets, so there are way too many for us to keep. We are only keeping a couple of the ducklings that hatch, as that is all the room we have. This listing is for all we don't keep - which is going to be a max of 6. You will get all we don't keep, which should be 22 to 26. As of this moment I prefer to give all of them to one person, but we may amend that to smaller lots later if there is no taker for them all. The parents are pets like I said, we do eat the eggs they lay. They are on a diet of Purina Layena, and these little ones are being started on Purina flock raiser. I have also given them gro-gel to help get them started right. The parents are our black muscovy drake (male), he is almost solid black with a little white on his head (his mohawk is white). He has very good facial caruncles. We have 3 females; one is chocolate pied, one is blue pied, and one is black pied. So these little ones should be pretty varied. It is very obvious looking at them that they are about an equal mix from the 3 moms, by the color of the fuzz. The parents are pinioned (because they are backyard suburb birds). I am removing these babies from the broodies and they are going into the brooder in our garage so we can hand raise them to make them friendly pets. I am going to pinion (basically amputate a portion of a wing) the ones we are keeping tomorrow, and would be happy to pinion these as well if you wish. The ones you get will have had alot of attention when you get them so if you continue that they will be nice pets, or you don't have to [​IMG] If they will not be pets, keep in mind Muscovies grow pretty fast and are considered market ready at about 120 days, so these guys will be perfect for a Holiday meal, if you are so inclined. What you do with them is entirely up to you, all I ask is that you just treat them with kindness and respect.

Local pickup ONLY. You will need to meet me somewhere in North Little Rock, Arkansas. I don't know how to ship, never have, and don't have the boxes needed to do so. Rarely do we go further than around town, so meeting in the local area is the best solution.

So you may be asking, if they are free why a $10 buy it now? Easy, I have had my time wasted before and had to bring birds back home, when I took the trouble to set up a meeting and then there was a no show. So the $10 is so I know you are serious. IT WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL TO YOU ONCE YOU TAKE POSSESSION OF THE BIRDS. If you want them you send a $10 paypal to me, then after we meet and you get the birds, that same day when I get home I will issue a refund to you for the entire $10. Pretty easy, huh? [​IMG]

I would like to get them to a new home sooner rather than later, and can meet most days to make it easier.

Please ask if you have any questions.
    Please email me as I don't check here very often for PMs - email is [email protected] that is also the paypal address.

Thanks

Last edited: May 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by