1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Taken! Oxford County, ME. 5 chantecler pullets, 4 weeks old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by waynesgarden, Apr 20, 2008.

1. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    The last five have found a new home! chickn will be their new keeper.

Wayne

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I wish I were closer... I love my chanteclers!!!

These are great cold weather birds for anybody that is thinking maybe....

Julie [​IMG]

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Hi Wayne
    What color are they? I know someone who might be interested.
    Thanks

4. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    They're Buff Chanteclers, the same color as Buster The Chick Magnet in the photo under my name. They remind me of Buff Orpingtons except the combs are very small. (As Julie said, they're great for Northern winters.) I had them when I lived in the Adirondacks and had to leave them behind when I moved to Maine. (Tearful icon here.) They were very friendly and calm birds. Here's a link to some photos of the birds I had on my old Adirondack gardening website. Chicken page

Anyway, a new flock is starting and I have too many chicks. I ordered all pullets and hopefully the hatchery honored the request. They're hard to tell apart when young. Buster was four months old and I thought he was a pullet until that summer day when I thought I heard crowing.....

I'll be going away this coming weekend, heading south to visit the daughters and grand son. I can drop them off on Friday morning at any point between West Paris and the NH border at I-95. I think you said elsewhere that you were somewhere around Poland? Otherwise, picking them up here anytime between now and Thurday, or after the weekend is good.

Let me know if your friend is interested.

Thanks.

Wayne

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  5. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i will take them,,i sent you a pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by