**TAKEN! THX*** BR Hen ~ Nashville / Mid TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jenski, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    **UPDATE 7/22 - Bess has found a new home and a strapping young husband. Thanks for the inquiries! ********

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a big, beautiful 16-month old Barred Plymouth Rock laying hen who needs a forever home where she will be well cared for by an experienced chicken lover. She is gorgeous, bold, inquisitive, friendly, and a great layer of light brown eggs, but unfortunately she loves to pick on my poor little half-blind chicken, and I do not have enough room for hen drama in my small suburban setup. I figure the blind one has a better chance staying with me ~ Bess could take care of herself in a larger flock.

I will consider delivery to the right home in the Mid-TN area. I love my girls, and I want the best for them! For more info on my Bess (and even sound bytes!) check out their web page at:

http://theworldofjenotopia.com/cmsjoomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=36

I have her complete laying record from day 1. You may contact me at jenotopia [at] gmail.com. Thank you!

Jen in TN

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Where at in middle Tn? I need one for my BR male as he gets so romantic w/ his mate that she flies into the other pen to get away from him. He gets lonely. She would be free ranged daily all day and held a lot too if she's tame, and if she's not we'll try anyway.

3. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    We are in upper East Tennessee (near Bristol) and would love to have the BR hen. We have a BR roo that is a sole survivor of a weasel attack in the chicken house and we are looking for hens for him. Get back in touch is you still have her. With gas prices as they are we can't afford to go far but we might be able work something out

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    By the way I love sisters name thats hillarious [​IMG]

5. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    Oh, as a side note. We took care of the weasel problem (it snuck through a knot hole in the floor). New floor, siding, etc. made the white house weasel-resistant ( I would NEVER say weasel-proof, for fear of jinxing myself).The white house is home to Speck, the aforementioned BR roo.He takes good care of his girls, but he doesn't have a BR girl.The brown house is made better than the white house,(actually made better than most people houses) and houses the silkies and frizzles and sizzles and a conglomeration of other chicken members of my family.

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Sorry I have not replied sooner! The office has been a flurry of work today (can you believe the nerve of these people -- asking me to work!!).

Thank you to all who responded regarding Bess, my big Barred Rock hen. She has found a new home in Kentucky, where her handsome young husband awaits to sweep her up in his manly wings.

FYI, the Wilson County Fair (Lebanon, TN) is coming next month, and that is a great place to find BR pullets - - or any other kind, for that matter. Most of the chickens entered in the poultry shows are sold after prizes are awarded, and even if you do not buy there, you can make contact with some of the farm owners. Ronnie Davenport is the administrator of the Poultry Show for Wilson County Fairs and for the TN State Fair, and if you visit the poultry show section of the fair websites you are sure to get a number. He is a great contact, and can help you track down just what you are looking for.

Wilson County Fair poultry site - http://www.wilsoncountyfair.net/shows/4h_poultry.htm

TN
    State Fair poultry flyer - http://www.tennesseestatefair.org/livestock-Catalog_08/Poultry.pdf

Best
    of luck, and thanks again! There is such a great group of folks on this forum.

Jen in Mid-TN

7. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have a current phone number? The phone number listed in no longer in service or disconnected.....Thanks we are looking forward to showing in the state fair..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by