Taking a Poll - Favorite Incubator between these 3 Hovabator,LittleGiant or Farm Innovator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilcougar4, Mar 16, 2015.

1. HOVA BATOR W / TURNER

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. LITTLE GIANT EGG INCUBATOR W / TURNER

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. FARM INNOVATORS W / TURNER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lilcougar4

lilcougar4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking to purchase one of these Incubators. I am taking a Poll of what everyone's Favorite Choice of Incubators, between these 3....." HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N & 1611 EGG TURNER CHICK EGG "[​IMG]," LITTLE GIANT EGG INCUBATOR / TURNER "[​IMG]or the "FARM INNOVATORS W / TURNER"[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I just purchased the Farm Innovators model 4250. Turner forced air and come with candler. On sale for $94.99. Have seen on sale for $79.99

Just my opinion but I think a better choice than the three you are looking at.

3. syndie

syndie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2015
    OCPA 16301
    watching thread, curious too,

4. snaffle

snaffle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I voted before I realized you were posting a certain Hovabator... goofy me.

I have 4 Genesis 1588 by Hovabator... guess you can tell I am pretty happy with them.

I used to have a little Giant that came from a farm store. Simple...may have worked great the first couple of years but after that the nightmares began.

Even thought my incubators have digital thermostats and hygrometers, I still check them by putting thermometers in...

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    The newer Little Giants aren't getting the greatest reviews, so I wouldn't go there, (even though I have an older model and like mine.) I've heard decent things about both the hovabator and the Farm Innovator. The Hovabator you have showing I believe has the fan kit that you have to install, and I think the Farm Innovator has the fan kit installed?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  6. Silkie-Feet

Silkie-Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Ky, Kentucky
    I got the new Little Giant and have had no issues with it... yet. However, all of these incubators are a bit of trial and error, and take some "know-how" to get great hatches. I wish the best for you, and good luck choosing! You should be able to be successful with any of these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by