1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Taking Games Jokes and Fun out of Recent Posts Listing?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Highlander, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I love that BYC is a family orientated site and how it attracts chicken lovers of all ages. I also am all for having a section where people can let off steam, play around and have fun, but I have to say the Games section seems to be taking over the whole forum. I like to click on Recent Posts and browse the different threads from there but recently all I seem to see are Crazy this and that, threads about Facebook games and all other manner of non-chicken related stuff that I am not remotely interested in. I'm not suggesting that this section is taken out of the forum completely as I realise that there are a lot of youngsters on the site and I can think of worse things that they could be doing on a Sunday night, but is there any way that it could be hidden from the Recent Posts page please because it's driving me crazy! I'm sure I can't be the only one that gets annoyed having to click through pages and pages of "fun" to get to some serious chicken related threads on a chicken forum?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:No, you are not the only one very annoyed by it!!! I feel the same as you.

3. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Songster

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    I agree. I am a busy person and when I get on to check I usually have to make it QUICK and it would be much easier to sort thru without the Fun n Games taking up at least 50% of the first page. And I've got my page view set to 75 per page!

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. It's been something we've had on the suggestion list for quite a while.

5. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Songster

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Maybe make a poll and see what everyone thinks?

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:You're not alone. While I love the "family friendly" aspect of BYC, it seems the teens/tweens and some playful adults have taken over. Since my interests are varied, I also respond to the Recent Posts page. The Index Page doesn't show which topic of the forum a post is in and has led to some shocks for me.

I'd like to see the Games moved to a separate area, no longer on the Recent Posts page. Just a few days ago nine of thirty threads on the Recent Posts page were Games. [​IMG] And most were just variations of the same old crazy stuff.

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:Does that mean you are still thinking about whether to do it or not, or it's on the to-do list? Thanks.

8. zeusrekning

zeusrekning In the Brooder

Nov 29, 2009
    Upstate , SC
    I didn't even know there was a game section.

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Uhm, how did you see this post? Do you work off the Recent Posts page or the Index? There is a Games, Jokes & Fun section, and the objection here is that it's taking over BYC.

BTW, [​IMG] from Hollywood, SC.

10. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    While I don't agree with removing it entirely, I would like it to be taken off of the 'Recent Posts' section. In fact, what about taking the social section out of the 'Recent Posts'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by