1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Taking picture of candled chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redhd077, Mar 13, 2011.

1. redhd077

redhd077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    I'm new at this and would really like to take a couple of pictures of my eggs when I candle them, but all i get is black. Any tips or suggestions on how to get some pictures??

2. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    How many days are you in? I was able to get some pics and video in low light with a good bright maglite early on. I did this with my iPhone. I am on day 15/16 now and I can't get pics anymore. Too much chick and not enough fluid for light.

chicken eggs.. day 8/9 and day 11

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is a duck egg on day 6 ish
    [​IMG]

3. redhd077

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    I am 13 days in. I got some good video. That will work. Thanks for your help.

4. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    You are welcome!! What kind of eggs do you have?

5. redhd077

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    I have some from a white leg horn. You can see those great! A few from a barred rock and a few from a golden Sex-Links.

6. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    yeah I have a few from Leghorn mommies (who knows about daddy- Cochin or Sussex according to the "mom"). They have been very easy to see. The brown and green eggs (EE) are too difficult. Can just barely make out blood vessels and some movement.

I candle at least a few almost every time I turn them. I'm too addicted to the babies moving and growing! Last night I saw a big ol foot on the side of the egg [​IMG]

7. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Quote:Amazing pictures!

8. ItsAZOO32

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Why thank you [​IMG] I have a couple of great video's too. I should put on YouTube so I can share. I'll see what I can do later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by