Taking pre-orders for Quail

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by [email protected] Raiser, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Now taking pre-orders for the following birds:

Butler Bobwhites
    Gambels
    Buttons
    Gold Murchurian Coturnix
    Tuxedo Coturnix
    Rosseta Coturnix
    Chocolate Coturnix
    Texas A&M Coturnix
    Fawn Ginger Coturnix

Will have avalible in the spring and fall. Will sell chick, adults and maybe eggs on some breeds. have other birds avalible also. Email [email protected] for prices or with questions.

2. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    Hi! I have a question. I ordered the chick-bator w/4 bobwhite eggs. Know zip about quail. I have appropriate housing , but wanted to know about nesting materials,boxes etc. I have raised finches,cockateils,parakeets,conures and love birds. Any input? Also Depending on hatch I might get more in spring from you. Thanks.

3. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

Sep 10, 2008
    hi i have my bobwhites in pairs in 2'x 2'x 2.5' cages. In side of those cages are a 16''x16'' shelter. Most of them lay there eggs in there but the really love sitting and sleeping on top of it. I pair the up in the spring and summer because some of the males fight with eachother if they are differnet sizes. You can put up to 4 females with one male. I usally run 1-2 females with one male. This gives me the best fertility. Once the weather is starts to cool down like in the mid 30's i put all of my bobwhites together in one run. I usally put 8-10 birds maybe more (depending on size) in a 2' high x 4' long x 2' wide. Inside of that is a shelter about 2' x 1' x 2'. I put hay or straw in that for the winter. I put my eggs in a incubator witha turner. Once thay hatch i put them in a 20 gallon tupaware and on the floor i put down a papertowl or the rubber self matting. This helps them get there legs strong while they are young. If you have any more questions let me know.

matt

4. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] Thank you very much!

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    How much are you asking for Button Quail.

6. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

Sep 10, 2008
    $5-$10 each depending on color

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I wouldn't mind some bobwhites, gambels, and all the coturnix varities. I guess I should pre-order huh? I might be all set on coturnix and bobwhite though.

8. leghorn dude

leghorn dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Conroe tx
    will you only have birds or will you also have eggs??

9. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

Sep 10, 2008
    i will have adults,chicks(young) and eggs on most breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by