1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Taking wee chicks to church? Diaper ideas?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MamaMarcy, Mar 10, 2012.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Ok, so maybe I truly am crazy or maybe it's the pain meds I'm on for a foot injury or maye I just love my chickens...

I want to take my silkie chick to church with me tomorrow. She's less than a week old and tiny. She likes to hang out in my "bra brooder." Any ideas on what I might diaper a tiny chick with? I'd rather not get chicken poo in my bra...should I try just kinda-of lining her "bra nest" with tissue?

2. NadineAdele

NadineAdele Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    I don't think you are crazy for taking your wee chick to church. Just line your bra with tissue..lol..

I took few of mine a ride in my school bus so my kids could see them and pet them..lol..warmth came off the heater blower that was coming off the front end of my bus to keep them warm. I drive a blunt nose type so the box was on my dashboard so the kids could see them and pet them..

3. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i think it's wonderful! just as long as nobody want's to see the chick! lol! you'd be giving them a "peep show"....lol. seriously though, i think you should. as far as diapering, i have no idea how to diaper a chick. i know most of the chicken diapers would be too big of course. i once had a lil silkie who was the only hatchling. and i bought a little dog carrier that you wear (like a front pack). and i took her almost everywhere with me.

4. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    A peep show LOL! Love it.

My husband thinks I'm nuts.

Little Miss Priscilla Pearl is out in the brooder socializing with her hatch mates, but I've had her in the incubator and in my bra the past few day. She's a naked neck silkie with spraddle leg (I hobbled her and it didn't work). She's as big as maybe a large cotton ball. She's gettign around quite well. She hops on her good leg and uses ler wing (over the spraddle leg) to stabilize herself. She is sweet as pie. She'll hang out with me on the couch (I have an ankle injury) and climb out and go to my ear and just pee into it.

5. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    LOL! now THAT's funny! i think you meant to say (in your last sentence) that she PEEPS into your ear, not PEEs into your ear! LOL! [​IMG]
    aww, sounds like you and her have something in common! and i just LOVE her name!!! her name sounds as sweet as SHE sounds! sweet lil thing! the naked necks are just adorable!!!!! how very sweet! i'd love to see a pic if possible! will she be a house chicken?

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

ROFL Hope you really didn't mean pee! :lau

She sounds adorable. No pics?!

ETA: Chicks LOVE the warmth of your cleavage! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  7. zstewart123

zstewart123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    St Amant ,Louisiana
    He doesn't breast feed does he?

8. chkinut