Tales from the Coop

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tigerstripes, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Tigerstripes

Tigerstripes Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Northern California
    Chickens vs. Ducks

Since the humans would be working on the run today, Venus the Ameraucana, Willa the Welsummer, and Claudia and Colette, the Cuckoo Maran sisters, were let out to explore in the backyard. They all felt very smug about this, since they are the big girls and only they are allowed this sacred right of Chickendom. To everyone but Willa's disgust (Willa is a little slow and doesn't notice much), the Roen ducks, Jack and Popeye, were allowed to explore as well. The Cuckoo sisters, (as they are called behind their backs in the coop) turned up their beaks and pretended to ignore Jack and Popeye's obnoxious quacking, but Venus stood firm, her black feathers stiff with indignation, her black eyes challenging. Her 5 pounds of fury were apparently enough to put fear into the duck's hearts, because they turned and hauled tail-feather to the other end of the yard. Victory belonged to the chickens! Venus was the hero of the hour and claimed first feeding back in the coop that night, (though she had to give Ruby the RIR the evil eye and vicious peck since she dared to come near and is only a month old, far below Venus's rank. after dinner, everyone settled into sleep, preparing for tomorrow's adventures.

Venus's evil eye

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59969_100_0153.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from East Tennessee!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. Tigerstripes

Tigerstripes Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Northern California
    thank you!
    I thought this would be a fun way to combine two of my hobbies, writing and chickens [​IMG]

4. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    Venus looks EVil! [​IMG] Love the story, is she evil in real life?? Youre a great young writer [​IMG]

5. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    yep, thats the evil eye if i ever saw one!

6. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

it is an evil look, i had a hard time looking at her directly!

[​IMG]

i thought it was called the "stink eye"?
    or is that just for broodies?

love the story too, Tigerstripes.
    Oh the drama of the chicken life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by