1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Talk About Random Ramblings........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sir Birdaholic, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

My sister just called. The conversation went like this:
    SIS: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

ME: uh-huh

SIS: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

ME: uh-huh

well, you get it. She talked for 1 hour & 10 minutes about NOTHING!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

WHEW, I feel better. [​IMG]

2. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Ha! Ha! Ha! That is like so familiar!!!! Someone calls YOU up to tell you how they are doing! Sheeesshh!! [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

My ear is STILL NUMB! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This is why I love texting. Short, sweet and over with without having to make an excuse to get off the phone.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mom's the worst about that... and even more so because the nothing is in a circle... she goes through the whole thing, mentions something else, and then says "hey did I tell you about..." and I get to hear all about the first thing again... and again... and again... it's really weird and annoying.

I'm much rather listen to DIFFERENT blah blahs than the same blah blahs ... broken record.

6. chickenguru

chickenguru Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Kentwood La.
    Quote:WOW, it would almost seem as if your sister is my moms sister. She called one day while my mom was gone and dad made the mistake of answering the phone. He was in the process of starting to cook a pot of red beans. He laid the phone down and would go to the stove and do what he had to do then come back and pick up the phone and say uh-huh, and she would continue talking. All he ever said to her was hello, uh-huh, and goodbye. When she finall shut up his beans were ready to eat.
    Now when she calls me on my cell phone, I hand the phone to my wife or one of the kids. I just don't have time to listen to whatever she is blabbing about and the last time I did I fell asleep on her. We talk though when we can. She is my Aunt but she is only a few years older than me so we were raised more like brother and sister. I really do love her but no way can I talk on the phone to her.

7. Sir Birdaholic

There is NO WAY my sister will get my cell phone number. She has to call the house, which DW answers the phone.... usually.

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:You haven't seen my Grandma, at 65 she still talks with my mom for about 4 hrs, non-stop. My DF and I have gotten used to that, Grandma phones no mom for the next few hours.

9. DorthyBrahma

DorthyBrahma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    Har har I know how ya feel, my brother does the SAME thing!! This is how i feel: [​IMG]

10. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    And have you noticed that, when you try to tell them something, they don't listen or just talk over you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by