Talk to me about these pinless peepers I just received!

rhondapiper

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Harford County Maryland
So after a long agonizing post about my hens picking and feather eating, I made some changes to their diet and environment and ordered pinless peepers.

I've got 7 standard size birds, and enough peepers for everyone, but I'm starting by putting them on my jerky birds. (Not everybody picks.)

My biggest concern is nostril size. The pegs on the peepers look bigger than my bird's nostrils. Do I need to shave the pegs down first? Have others had this concern and found it wasn't really an issue?

I have snap ring pliers, and I plan to warm the peepers before application. This is not a task I'm looking forward to! I'm hoping that between the two of us, we can hold the birds still and peeperize 'em.

So mostly I'm here to get any and all advice from pinless peeper users. Tips, tricks, advice, anything!

Thanks.

I'm interested too--- since I just got my pinless peepers too--- DH and I are planning some chicken wrangling this weekend
yippiechickie.gif

once you get the hang of putting them on it is very easy, you need to heat them up, in hot water. unless the peepers have extra edges they will fit. wrapping you bird in a towel will help hold you bird. if you can get the bird holder to hold the head it will help alot. when you put them on make sure they are in the nostril and not caught on the skin around the nose. try to put them on as fast as possible

Back
Top Bottom