Talking rooster.... and no, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensducks&agoose, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I was lying in bed the other morning, and kept hearing "walk the dog! Walk the dog! walk the Dog!"... and I was confused, and got up, and got the dog on the leash, and walked outside, and the rooster said "walk the dog!"... also, just to prove my point, my father was over and in the morning, and he heard the rooster yelling "Get up mom!" over and over, and thought I was totally negligent for ignoring my child... but it was actually the roo.... this ever happen to anyone else?

2. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Songster

[​IMG]

3. missfitch

missfitch Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    Marysville Ohio
    you have got to find a way to record that, That rocks, got any eggs? LOL

4. chookchick

chookchick Songster

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    You've got to find a way to put that on videotape, and post a link here. That and up your medication a bit. [​IMG]

5. magoobi

magoobi In the Brooder

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, please, get that on tape! I can't wait to hear it. [​IMG]

6. magoobi

magoobi In the Brooder

Sep 23, 2009
    On Tape???? Gee Wiz, just call me Wilma Flintstone!!! [​IMG]

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Let's hear it. Before we know it you will be on Jay Leno's show. [​IMG]

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Was he raised by a parrot, maybe? He would be interesting to watch whle he talks. I love watching the throat manipulations my parrots do just to get a word out.
    You could start a new trend and make yourself rich. Breed him to everything you can and sell talking chicken hatching eggs. I would like to place my order now for a dozen, please.
    (jeez, just what I need, one more creature in my life telling me what to do!)

9. lilmouthy

lilmouthy In the Brooder

Jul 15, 2009
    Alabama
    My Roo,every time after he crowed,as soon as the crow part was done,he's "say" in a lower voice, Momma. I'm NOT kidding. Every one who has heard him thinks it's just the funniest thing.

10. Chickn chick 46

Chickn chick 46 Songster

May 22, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This thread is cracking me up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by