Talking to the chickens

FortFusterCluck

Songster
May 4, 2022
Central Kentucky
Anyone else talk to your chickens like they should understand you? I have 20. They all have names. I assume they know their names and I refer to them as such. I also have conversations with them like I would a human.
Me: "Does anyone know what time it is? I should go start dinner soon."
Chickens: *blink, blink* "Cluck"
Me: "You guys should really be more responsible. Out of all 20 of you, not ONE of you thought you wear a watch today?"

This is my life now.

My cockerel knows all the bad words I did as a sergeant in the South African army decades ago. He behaves better now than he did on arrival, so I think he understands some of it. He has also learned to obey hand signals. I never engage in detailed conversation with them, that I reserve for pooch. She understands "lunchtime".

I need lyrics and tunes please
Good Morning, Chickens Song

Good morning, good morning,
Good morning to you.
Good morning, my chickens,
My girls and boy too.
(sometimes I add the following)
Good morning, Snowbird!
Good morning, Little!
Good morning, Middle!
Good morning, Lark!
Good morning, Stormy!
Good morning, Widget!

That song is going to get a lot longer when I have to add the chicks' names.

Chickie Snack Song

Momma's bringin' chickie snack!
Chickie snack? What of that!
Momma's bringin' chickie snack,
Chickie snack for chickens!

Good Night Chickens

Good night chickens, good night.
Good night chickens,
Good night, my chickens,

Believe me, the tunes are just as monotonous.:lau

I always say good morning and good bye when i leave for work. It's usually exactly the same way i talk to my kids and dogs ... 'alright guys mumma's heading to work i'll see you when i get home. love you!' and then i make sure to say hello to every one when i return. i also count each of them at that time to make sure we had a good day. they tend to run in groups (all of which seem to be six lol). So it's ... 1,2,3,4,5,6 oh good 1,2,3,4,5,6 oh good!

My cockerel knows all the bad words I did as a sergeant in the South African army decades ago. He behaves better now than he did on arrival, so I think he understands some of it. He has also learned to obey hand signals. I never engage in detailed conversation with them, that I reserve for pooch. She understands "lunchtime".
When ever learning any language you always learn the "bad" words first. :lau

Back
Top Bottom