Tall single chickmomma seeks to expand her flock

chickenannie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 19, 2007
Pennsylvania
Any single men on BYC?

OK, here's the deal. My boyfriend and I broke up recently, and he DID NOT LIKE MY CHICKENS. I think I should have seen it as the sign that he and I were not meant for each other. I am deducing that perhaps I should meet someone who I KNOW likes chickens/has chickens and wants to merge their flock and see where things go from there. I realize this is not a dating website, but I am tired of having to hide my chicken "hobby" from my SO and I know of no single men in my area who have backyard chickens.

So here's an invitation -- I'm 41, tall (5'10 1/2), college-educated, generally happy, and I'm a city girl who loves the country. If you're single, available for dating, don't love NASCAR or beer and you LIKE CHICKENs, write me and tell me about yourself and your flock.

Everybody, wish me luck...

Im not interested (ello fellow woman!), but wish you good luck! And remember, sometimes its good to be alone. I never plan on getting married because I am indecisive, snappy, and relatively violent at times... Not to my bok boks of course! I also hate most kids...But Im usually a very good person!!!! Just dont insult my creatures. Or the vampire under my bed....

Wow Storm, at least your honest!
Annie, I have a Brother, he works a ranch in AK. you might be intressted in him.
But let me warn you he likes critters!
Pet pig, Taco Bell dogs, (cant spell the real name), Emus, pet Bull, Horses, goats, a regular petting Zoo.
Good luck in your search.

Dang, I moved from McKeesport, Pa a number of years ago. Western Pa is about a eight hour drive from here, but you do have the kind of chickens I like.
smile.png

Never been to a NASCAR Race, watched one on TV for about a half hour. Got Dizzy.
Don't think I've drank a twelve pack of beer in my whole life, now a good Jamaican Rum... that's different.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support everyone...

Storm, I appreciate your comments... and just to clarify, I have no problem being on my own. I sometimes enjoy my own company the best! But life can be great when you find an excellent partner to share it with too.

And Wolfpack, the only animal your brother has that scares me are the emus. Other than that, i like all his animals!

Nice chatting with you Bob...living 14 hours apart can throw a wrench into things, can't it?

So... my invitation still stands...

Well, Annie, I hope you find a guy out there! My DH love the ckickens (I even bought him a couple for his birthday!!) but doesn't know the front end of a horse. I always thought I'd marry a cowboy. Needless to say, I go riding by myself, but at least I have someone to help me keep coops!
Good luck with your "adventure"!
smile.png

It's hard to meet people in real life who share your interests. It's even harder when you're a bit older and have stopped hanging out in the 'night life' places, etc. The internet is an interesting (albeit slightly dangerous) place. With the proper precautions it's possible for people to find each other on the internet who would never have the chance to meet in real life. I met my hubby via Match.com, he lived 98 miles north of me - I'd have never met him otherwise! We've been married for almost five years now and I couldn't be happier.
ya.gif

Chickenannie, I wish you luck. It's ok to be alone, but it's much more fun to have someone to share it with!

Last edited:
You know, when you get older finding a good man is like a parking lot. The only spots left are handicaped or FAR OUT!

Ok, having said that, I said something to a lady when I was young. She was 32 when she got married. I made the comment that it was about Time!! Well, guess what, I didn't get married until I was 42. Yep that's right. I've only been married for 2.5 years, so watch what you say, it'll come back to you.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom