england
    Any advice please
    cheers Phil

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Giving a bit more information in your requests might help get you more answers.

4. worms7

worms7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2015
    england
    If I was to have a broody coop size please
    cheers Phil

5. worms7

worms7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2015
    england
    People must have a broody coop
    cheers

6. rebrascora

rebrascora Overrun With Chickens

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Hi Phil

I have an old sideboard in the hen house that I use for my broody hens. Someone was throwing it out and it is ideal as a brooder and or infirmary. Sometimes I have a broody nest in each end and a communal food/exercise area in the double doors middle bit. It stands on legs about 10 inches long and the body is about 18-20inches high and about the same deep and it's about 6 ft long. If you have just one broody, an old bedside cabinet on it's side with the drawers removed should provide her with a secure place of her own to incubate eggs and spend a few days with chicks before they are ready to go out into the big wide world. It could be chocked up on bricks and the door used as a little ramp and you can make a simple mesh screen to replace the door. You could probably even place one of the drawers back inside to make her nest. I find old drawers make excellent nest boxes for layers as well as broodies.

If you are talking about making a completely separate coop for a broody....think rabbit hutch dimensions.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Regards

Barbara

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by