tallest rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burtonjon, Sep 26, 2010.

1. burtonjon

burtonjon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    vale nc
    I will pay $1,000 to buy a single rooster from a reputable breeder if the rooster stands at least 34" tall as measured from the a level surface to the top of his skull. The measurement must be taken with his feet flat on a level surface and his head must be level, staring forward in a normal posture. There should be no weird stretched positions where the bird is lunging for food or the head is tilted vertically. The bird must be standing untouched at the time of the measurement. The comb height, if any, will be excluded in the measurement. The rooster must be three years old or younger. Convincing evidence of height must be supplied. If I'm offered more than one rooster above 34" in height, I'll buy the tallest rooster. You must be willing to ship the bird on Delta Airlines, and I will pay for shipping. Lets see some pictures of your tall rooster!

2. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    This should be interesting! [​IMG]

I've seen ads on eBay where egg sellers claim roosters are 36" tall, but I wonder whether anybody can really produce a bird like that?

3. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    ill let you know in a few months, ive got a 4 month Light brahma that stands just over my knee.....im 6'4"

4. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    But how tall are your knees?[​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I have a young Jersey Giant roo that may make that, when he finishes growing. [​IMG] This is an old picture. I will go check on him and get a new one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  6. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I have a 5 month old Jersey Giant rapidly approaching that height!! Actually, I have 3 of those guys! I'll have to go measure them, but they are getting close to 32 inches now, and still growing. Quite heavy too. My 3 year old son is 40 inches tall (just measured him, and I know one of my roos is nearly as tall as him, sans the comb. I dont know if I could give any of them up though, I just love my Dino-Roo's!!!! )

Im gonna go measure those bad boys now...... [​IMG] If they hit the height requirement, I'll post braggin' pics!! [​IMG]

7. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    28.5 in my coop boots

8. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I've heard that some of the Oriental game cocks are that tall, and I've seen pics of some huge roos, but I would really like to see a hugely tall roo standing next to a measuring tape!

I'll be watching!

9. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Quote:Gorgeous Roo Kathy!! Soooooo glad I have babies from your stock!! All 10 are doing WONDERFUL and growing fast!

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yeah I'm sorry but I doubt any average rooster here can get that tall except Malays and MAYBE Jersey Giants or something. . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by