talouse or african

TheBirdMan5

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 16, 2013
what kind of goose lays more eggs and which kind is better for meat thank you for any information Jay in MA

I would say toulouse would lay more eggs dont really know but they are both for the meat and african meat is leanest meat of any goose breed

servpolice you are a very helpful person thank you for all the info so far. Jay in MA

also I was kinda wondering about embden geese if you have any info that would be great. Jay in MA

Embden geese are so common becoz of their hardiness and withstand bad weather and diseases and were developed in germany they are big large geese and if they are small or skinny its Not! a embden and they are fast growing and easily fatten for meat and the feathers are white and attractive and embdens arent really fans of sitting(brooding) but they would and they do lay large white eggs and lay around 30-35 eggs and miss lydia i would like to eat my big embden gander also but i need him to get more embden goslings which are €10 each here but african goslings are 35 each which is very expensive for a day old gosling

I had an African goose. He was awesome. He died, I considered getting more Africans but I'm leaning toward embdens because I saw some really big pretty ones at the poultry show near my house.

Your choice but africans can be massive as well and last i had a big embden pair really big and layed big white eggs and had 6 goslings but the fox killed the pair and 4 of the goslings ,and some how my african pair had the other goslings (adopted them) and had no idea how the two goslings managed to go through a ditch and a river and walk all the way home and joined the african which had also goslings :-\
But yea its your choice and whats best for you good luck ;-)

Africans have a lean meat. Embdens have a clean carcass once plucked because of white feathers. A friend of mine had 3 female Embdens and they layed over a 120 eggs together their first year. They were hatched in July and started laying in early February. So Embdens are very productive. One of them brooded a batch of goslings.

Back
Top Bottom