TamaTama's crow rehearsal lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LavanderSplash, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LavanderSplash

LavanderSplash Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    So I wanted to lay down on the couch and watch the Dinosaurs, so I grabbed the pillow and blanket and headed to the couch. I thought it would be sweet to grab the chicks and settle for a cuddle. The chicks snuggled quickly in and were feather talking in their sleep. Yuki the female sprawled out and would chirp that happy chirp they do and then in the middle of her sleeping I hear "SHREEEEEE!!!!" Nightmare is my best guest. I guess because because I pet her and talk softly and she settles going back to the happy chirps.

Tamatama is settling quietly upon my chest, admiring my face, inspecting it closely and finding things to peck. Then resting his beak on my lips lol. Suddenly he sits up and stretches his neck and opening his beak multiple times. I know my cockatiels do that to adjust their crops, but I take it that he is learning hoe to crow, right? How long do you think before he starts to get his voice in for it?

Quote of the day:

"Help! The chicks are sleeping and I can't get up!"

2. LeJeune1

LeJeune1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Allen Parish, LA
    Breeds that mature early start to crow earlier- - - For me, Dutch Bantams, Jaerhons, and Leghorns. Some of my slower crowers have been Holland and Ameraucana.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by