Tamed pet rooster needs to be rehomed. Silkie mix.

JenJenB

Hatching
Apr 12, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I was "gifted" a rooster in March. Although he was dumped, he has proven to be very tame & a great pet. He has learned to live with my Cocker Spaniel & naps with my dog in the doghouse when outside in the evening. He is crate trained... Yes, like a dog. And enjoys following me around. He lets my young nieces (6 & 9) handle him & doesn't seem to mind when the girls part his feathers to find his eyes.

I'm in an area that doesn't allow roosters. I feel pretty lucky to have had him this far.

He is a pet only! Not for food. He would probably love to be with some hens. He's not a mean bird, but is still a rooster with some rooster attitude.

He is such a sweet bird. I was thinking about posting him on Craigslist, but am worried he'll be adopted by somebody wanting a free chicken dinner or dog bait.

Be careful people feed them live to their dogs! Its horrible. See if there are any upcoming chicken swaps in your area usually some nice folks either looking for one or have room and ability to keep a rooster.

I'd be happy to take him to live with my 6 hens. However, I live in South Carolina so I could not pick him up. I'm sure someone will want such a friendly soul.

Back
Top Bottom