Taming Chickens To Be Imprinted?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Coturnix Quail, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    HI! Sooo happy I got my new baby chicks! All happy, and healthy. I do have one tiny problem, one of my bantams, I'm not sure which breed yet, is mostly always screaming. If I pick her up, she quiets down a bit. I just got them today, by the way. But that's not my focus.. I have 2 baby chicks that love to come running to me when I tap a spot, and they eat whats there! Ants & food is the only thing I've tried so far. Also, when can I feed them dried mealworms?? Anyway, they do come, and when I make little slots with my legs and arms, they cuddle up, and its so precious! But, I want to figure out to get the last 3 to do that, too. I've already began with my Buff Orpington, and she likes to cuddle, but not to chase. They don't follow me, though, unless I tap. Another thing, how can I tell the difference between my EE and my Sicillian Buttercup? I also need help on identifying my Barred Rock Bantam, my Australorp, and I think they may have given me a black EE Bantam because there weren't supposed to be three black ones, just two. So, my main question is, how can I tame them to become super friendly?

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Just keep doing what your doing? The others will catch on.

3. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Okay, thanks! I've tried it today.. They will all sleep together in my hand, but when I tap they won't follow - unless one of the others is following. I tapped and my EE bantam came running, and my Buff Orpington began to come, but stopped when I picked up the EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by