tan hens with white tail feathers???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4BeautifulBRATs, Oct 4, 2011.

1. 4BeautifulBRATs

4BeautifulBRATs New Egg

Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    look like red sexlink, aka gold comet, cinnimon queen

3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I agree. They look like Red Sexlinks.

5. 4BeautifulBRATs

4BeautifulBRATs New Egg

Oct 3, 2011
    Quote:They look exactly like your picture just not as grown [​IMG] so are they a mix then or is goldcomet cinnamon queen their name? Thank you so much !!!

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:They look exactly like your picture just not as grown [​IMG] so are they a mix then or is goldcomet cinnamon queen their name? Thank you so much !!!

It's a sex-link.....a breed that you can tell the difference between gals and guys at birth, but it's a mix [​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Hatcheries cross two good egg-laying breeds, usually a red rooster over white hens. The specific breeds depend on the hatchery, as does the name they call the offspring. The girl chicks are gold when the hatch, the boys are silver. This way you have a great chance of getting all pullets. They're great layers, and usually pretty friendly and mellow. Great backyard birds. They're known as red stars, cinnamon queens, gold comets, etc depending on the hatchery. The generic term is sex-link.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by