1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tax Help for another Georgian Chicken Girl!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by facesplace, Jan 23, 2008.

1. facesplace

facesplace New Egg

Jan 23, 2008
    My fiance and I have 10.35 acres where we live and also raise our laying hens (new to this hobby), and have about a 1 acre garden that we are constantly planting, growing and harvesting different vegetables. We don't do any of this for profit, we just love small farming and having fresh eggs. We give most of the goods away because it is WAY TOO much for the two of us and we like giving fresh produce and eggs to our family and friends. We are zoned A-100, but have never taken advantage of it. Now that tax seanson is here and I do our taxes at home, does anyone have any advise of what we can benefit from? I want to make sure I do everything in compliance with the IRS, but I don't want to have to pay an accountant a weeks salary for their advise:) We also bought some used farm equipment to help us with our farming that I think we can write off some how. Please help.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by