Tax miles/not gas??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by birdnutz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Obama said no. List of states that are considering it. Better call your reps!
    Pennsylvania,Minnesota,Ohio,N. Carolina, Rhode Island, Idaho, Oregon, Colorado. So much for buying a very expensive hybrid. What would be the motivation? Heres the link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28472161/

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Yup...nothing like screwing people who live in rural areas, delivery drivers & truckers, home care providers, maids, and others who rely on their car to make money to "help" out the economy.

And this is just a great big THANK YOU to all those people who bought fuel efficient cars.
    /sarcasm

3. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    and if you happen to live in the country..and the further away from a city the cheaper property gets,the more you have to pay just to get to work and home everyday..I think its a crock of crap..another thing I will be making emails and phone calls about..

4. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Wait until they figure out a way to tax you for the air you breathe... [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Dontcha just love how they want to tax everything. Like bluey said, air we breath probaly isnt far behind. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

My odometer does not work an if it did it wouldn't after that law.

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Just how do you supposed they are going to enforce that one???? The things these people come up with. [​IMG]

9. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    like was previously said, since lots of people are switching to more fuel efficient cars and hybrids they won't get as much tax money from the pumps. so instead they wanna tax you by the mile.....can't you just imagine how much more expensive goods will get if this were to pass and affect the trucking industry?!

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive got a proposal, how about not taxing fuel driven vehicles by the mile, and only tax the hybrid/electric, and fuel efficent vehicles. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by