Tax, Tax And Tax

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deerman, May 26, 2010.

1. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok here we go again congress is going to raise tax on oil 4 times what it is....(3 billion) why to pay for oil spill clean up, and at the same time say the oil co. will have to pay for the clean -up.

WHAT are they going to do with the 3 billion they get, if the oil co. pay the goverment back...refund the taxes (NOT)

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Refunds are to be personally delivered by the Tooth Fairy and Tinkerbelle.

3. sacrifice

sacrifice Songster

Mar 29, 2010
    Caldwell, ID
    You all need to learn how to share and spread the wealth. If you have enough money to buy gas for your car, you have too much money. There are some people just hoping for some change. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Reminds me of my sister back in the 70's. We went to Sunset Strip where a hippie asked her if she had any spare change for the cause. She said, "My cause is spare change", and on we walked.

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I hope that was a joke? [​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Crowing

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Oil is currently trading for about $70 per barrel, the current tax is $.08/ barrel. Raising the tax 400 percent is $.32/barrel, hardly a drop in the bucket for the overall price of a barrel of oil. That is a tax of about .05%

Yep, I think they are going to kill me with new taxes. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. aprophet

aprophet Songster

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I know folks who work the black market every time taxes are raised more money is made black market and the gov gets cut out of a little bit more LOLOLOL they will never learn . Read up on the black market sometime, in the US a lot of taxes never get collected . Not usually a fan of wiki here is a little about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_economy

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Didn't Obama promise not to raise taxes on anyone who make less than $250K/year?

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:*snicker* I believe he did.... [​IMG]

9. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Time to sell the van and buy a wagon to hitch the horses too I guess. Everytime I hear anything about our government anymore I just feel like yelling bah humbug and slamming a door.

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    mom'sfolly :

Oil is currently trading for about $70 per barrel, the current tax is $.08/ barrel. Raising the tax 400 percent is $.32/barrel, hardly a drop in the bucket for the overall price of a barrel of oil. That is a tax of about .05%

Yep, I think they are going to kill me with new taxes. [​IMG]

Yep , that a 400% increase ,will raise 3 billion more for them to spend. They just keep adding more taxes and try to hide it under something else.

If the oil company have to pay for clean up, why do they need this tax ?????

Guess people that make under 200,000 don't need gas..........​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: