Tax time again, info for my chickie family!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countrygirl4513, Jan 8, 2008.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Guess we're at that time of year again... [​IMG] wish I could count my chickens as dependants... don't ya'll? Just wanted to pass along some filing info that I ran across last year. If you are under a certain income level, you may be able to e-file for free. www.irs.gov is where you need to go to find out. I was able to use it last year, sorry to say, I'm no millionaire, and I will use it again this year too. Just thought I'd pass it along to my chicken family.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

thanks Country...im going to go check that one out.
    Also, I was wondering...if anyone knows...every time I go to the feed store, they ask me if I am " tax exempt" Of course I look at them tilt my head and say, no. Well, this last time I went in there, he hands me a form, to fill out to apply for tax exempt. ???? Can I do that? Is it a good idea?? Our property is considered "farm land" Altho we dont farm it. Small garden, chickens, turkeys....thats about it. We do NOT have our tax ID for rescue as of yet....still not sure how to get that done either. So...anyone else "tax exempt"? Is it a good idea??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by