1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Taylor Swift on SNL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    "You belong to me"... what's wrong with me... I didn't find it entertaining and the guitar was louder than the singer?

I mean, I'm not gonna get up and make a scene when she's getting an award, but.... I don't see the 'talent'

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Edit your title dude.

I Love Taylor Swift. She is not the most talented gal out there though.

3. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    must be a popular girls name... DS#3 is on a date with a gal that has that first name.

4. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    She's pretty good for a kid; give her time she will mature and so will her songs.

For a teenage role model I would rather have her than that Spears idiot....

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Isn't she the one who sings the "Best Days of Your Life" song??

I can't stand that song! It's SOOOOOO conceited and stupid!
    When a couple breaks up it means something was wrong (personality conflict maybe?) so, it's not only possible, it's PROBABLE that they're gonna have better days when they're with someone else that better meshes with them.
    To sing that the best days of his life are over just because it didn't work out between you two is really messed up IMO.

I think it's one thing to sing about how your OWN life is in the dumps because of "the one that got away" but to sing that somebody else's best days are over??? eeeeh I just don't like it.

6. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

My boys love her music! They even sing her song, "Our Song" in a falsetto voice and dance when they do it! [​IMG] Never fails to amuse me! Apparently, they have performed this song for all the soldiers in basic training also.... [​IMG]

She has some catchy tunes and, if it gets kids to listen to country music instead of rap, I'm all for it! [​IMG]

7. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    Quote:Kelli Pickler sings "Best Days of your Life"

8. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wasn't Pickler that little southern blonde on AI a few years back? She cracked me up.

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Kelli Pickler sings "Best Days of your Life"

I don't think this song is as stupid and morally wrong as the one Kid Rock sang a few years ago with that female singer, can't think of her name . . .about the picture on the dresser and they are in bed with someone else . . .trying to get over the other person. I hate that song; I am not a prude but I told my grandkids that was NOT the way you handled a break up. I loved Kid Rock in Joe Dirt, but that song lowered him on my popularity pole.

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Ahh Mahonri, you are showing your age and grumpiness. [​IMG]

I think Taylor is a talented young woman and, as a country fan, enjoy some of her music. I don't own any but I don't change the channel when she comes on either. I'd much rather my teen daughter idolize her than many other of the current teenie boppers. (omg did I say teenie bopper? Mahonri, can I borrrow an extra AARP card please?)

I'll check out the SNL performance on youtube later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by