TB racing pictures - Pic of him added (not a racing one)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jasmine1998, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Does anyone know how I can go about getting a race picture of my thoroughbred? I have been able to find some race videos of him, just not pictures. He ran mostly at Penn National race track & as recently as May of 2009. He did win a few races too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Oooh, I would like to know too!

Anyone??

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I found a sight that tell you when they were born, how many races, how many wins, places and shows and it shows you their entire family tree!

Pedigreequery.com

4. fancy

fancy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I would contact the track where he raced, you can order win pictures from the track photographer.
    At least that's how it's done with Standardbreds.

Fancy

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    They dont run again until Wednesday night. The number for Penn National is 717-469-2211, the extension for the Track Photographer is Ext. 3221. If you call between races you will probably get an answer, as they are on the track during the race. He will need the horses name, the date of the race, and which race it was that night. Good luck.

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Pedigreequery is full of errors; it is open to input from anyone, so theres a lot of wrong information there. If you want accurate information on pedigree and racing information, to go equibase.com.

7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Contact the previous owners,

If you have the papers there will be a list at the bottom of all previous owners with names and address.

If you do not have the papers look at the top lip of the horse there should be a number tattooed there, i believe you can go threw the registery and find more info on the horse with that number

Also many of these horses are implanted with a micro chip around the withers i think, anyway the vet can scan that and find info on ownership before you if it has a micro chip.

Your coggins papers should also have the last previous owners on them, that also will give you their phone number.

Hope this helps some..

Is their a photo, you can share?

8. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Thanks! I will try calling the track. I do know that his race name was Crafty Ruckus & he was owned previously by Highland Meadows Farm in PA. Here is a pic of him.

[​IMG]

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    He was a busy boy. He ran 31 times, won 2 races, and $45,000. He broke his maiden at Penn on July 9, 2008, in the first race. He won a race at Penn National on Dec. 5, 2008, but was disqualified from 1st to second. He won again on March 18, 2009 (race 3), and he got to keep that one. That was Penn National, too. His sire Crafty Prospector was a leading sire of his time, he produced a lot of top top horses. Looks like you've got a really nice boy there.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  10. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    He's beautiful , what type of riding will you be doing with him?

I

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by