TCLynx's Duck (and chicken) TV

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TCLynx, Feb 5, 2011.

1. TCLynx

TCLynx Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2008
    Central Florida, USA
    I'm not sure if this link will be welcome here but I hop so. I just set up a web cam to test out my skills at such things and some of the folks over on the Aquaponic Gardening site thought it rather fun so I thought perhaps people really into birds might appreciate it even more.
    Duck TV
    Anyway the view on the web cam on that page is out our bedroom window in central Florida. I built a duck-a-ponics system to recirculate the duck tank water through a gravel bed to help keep it nice so I don't have to dump hundreds of gallons of water and replace it every other day. The gravel bed in in the center of the shot with the gutter flowing water into it. The duck tank is in the background.

If you don't see ducks or chickens in the shot, they have probably wandered out to the front yard which is currently part of their paddock. I had to get electric net fencing because something kept attacking my duck nests and even injured one of the ducks. Been good since we added that (knock on wood.)

And here is a youtube video that I think is funny. It is a couple of our young female Muscovy ducks biting at the water as it enters the duck tank.
    Ducks biting water

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. TCLynx

Jun 30, 2008
    Central Florida, USA
  3. TCLynx

Jun 30, 2008
    Central Florida, USA
    Ok now that it is too dark to see the live web cam, I've added a video clip to the page below the web cam stream box. It is a smaller box but if you click on it you can expand it to full screen. Oh, I even captured myself collecting eggs [​IMG]
    anyway, here is the new link
    live duck cam page

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by