Teacher Medic

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TeacherMedic, Feb 5, 2014.

1. TeacherMedic

TeacherMedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2014
    NC
    My chickens started when I decided to do a 4H project with my students at school. We hatched some broiler chicks in the classroom. I decided to take them all home. All 22 of them, and that was last April. As of today we have moved all the broiler chickens on to new homes and even tried a couple of them in the pot. Boy were they too tough to eat. We now have Silkies, Polish, and Easter Eggers. We also have some Bielefelder's on their way. We currently have about 40 eggs in the bator. Half of those are Easter Eggers and the others were brown sex linked. I don't know what they are called but the new chicks will be half that and the other half mixed with our Easter Egger rooster. We live close to Hickory N.C.
    That darn 4H project class got me into this, now I don't see a way out. I love them too much! What chicken lovers we have become. My 17 year old son carries chickens around the house. They have really become our favorite pets. We have one Chicken house, but we need several more to keep the breeds separated. I don't really want chicken houses all over the yard, but I have to figure something out. We have 4 acres, but we don't have a creek. Any input/help appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Yes, chickens are addicting! I don't know what to tell you other than maybe you need to start eating them, tough or not!! LOL I certainly can't eat my babies, but lots of people do here on BYC.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your chicken adventures!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

8. TeacherMedic

TeacherMedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2014
    NC
    I've been a liker on facebook for quite a while and I have read articles on here for a long time, but just decided to join, so I could talk to some of the members. Thanks all!

9. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by