Teaching a chicken to "pose"...

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
A lot of people have asked how I take such good pictures of my birds. Here is a quick video of how I 'teach' them to pose. After a few sessions of 'nudging' them on the beak they start to get the idea and will stand still for a few moments while I snap the picture. This is how I do it.....

What a hoot, and it worked! However, the dog in the background is just not Hollywood material.....
tongue.png

I am having trouble getting pics of my chicks- they scoot all over the place, and I want to get them eye to eye. You know, the "awww" shots!

I've been a junior showman for about 2 years had Have thought a LOT of techniques to get a chicken to pose. They would NEVER stay still! The under-beak tap did work but it didn't get them to really "show" themselves. I had seen a video that says you can make your chickens really stand tall is if you trick them. Get a piece of corn and dangle it above the bird. If he is well trained, he will gently reach for it. When its time to present your chickens, pretend you have the corn in between your thumb and index finger and they will strech out and show themselves beautifully. If the bird hasn't been table trained, It may try to get it's treat by jumping or flying. I think witch ever technique you choose to pose your chicken, you will end up having to use the other technique, also. There's not just one way, there are many ways. You can't just do the "streching" technique and not do the "under-beak taps."
cool.png

Just thought I'd share
big_smile.png

Thanks for the video!
frow.gif

~Rio

Back
Top Bottom