Tealah from Arkansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tsiegwart, Jul 26, 2010.

1. tsiegwart

tsiegwart New Egg

Jul 26, 2010
    Jacksonville, AR
    Hi, BYC forum! My name is Tealah, and I currently live in Arkansas with my military husband and our three year old - with another on the way! Right now we're chookless, though we both grew up with chickens, and we have a dog, a cat, two ferrets and a cockatiel. We just PCSed here from Washington, and bought a little one-acre potential farm. We're broke from closing on the house and redoing the septic system, but as soon as we have the money again we're going to start construction on a coop. I'd really like to get some good quality showing langshans, but I'm not sure about their availability in this area - I may end up needing to get them from a hatchery instead. We'll see! I'd like to get them established as soon as possible instead of waiting for spring, but I don't know how feasible it is to start with chicks in the autumn... I'll probably be asking a lot of questions like that!

Well, I'm off to go drool over the pictures of coops on this site... Bye!

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] glad to have you!!!! [​IMG]

3. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana!

4. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    Welcome from Lee County, Arkansas. I'm just south of Forrest City in eastern part of state, where are you.

5. tsiegwart

tsiegwart New Egg

Jul 26, 2010
    Jacksonville, AR
    Thanks for the welcomes!

Clayhill, I'm near Little Rock, just a little north of Jacksonville Air Force Base. I'm not really familiar with the rest of the state yet! I barely know the little towns nearby me, haha.

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] I'm about 70 miles north of ya.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    How cool.. my mothers name is Tela... Sounds like they are pronounced the same..only spelled differently. [​IMG]
    Anyways... Welcome the BYC!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by