Team Duck or Team Chicken?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Finny, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    Just wanna see which one people prefer pet-wise[​IMG]
    Cast your vote!
    I will go first...
    DUCK

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Both [​IMG] Yep, just ruined your poll, i started with ducks and for now they still hold the majority share but i do like my chickens too. Each has positives and negatives, greatly depends on your needs and purposes.

Due to the water consumption of ducks, in the very LONG winter i have had? i prefer my chickens at the moment. [​IMG]

3. Finny

Jan 5, 2014
    Personality wise which one do you prefer?

4. Finny

Jan 5, 2014
    Hmm i am starting to think I should have gotten chickens... Lol

5. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    me too. In the summer ducks, especially because they keep the mosquito and fly population down, but chickens are a lot easier in the winter.

6. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    You know i do like both but i have some very friendly chickens and my ducks are pretty personable, i could have them more tame but chose to keep them more distanced since they free range, the calls are literately and figuratively in your pocket lol

I think both have the potential to be, i honestly never wanted chickens ... held off quite a bit and was okay, i want chicken eggs why am i buying them? so bought chickens, i seriously started with 4. I was that nah, these are not my thing, turns out i was wrong and enjoy my hens certainly more than i expected and since we have added some silks for my oldest kid and i am adding some more laying hens this spring.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  7. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Ducks are awesome foragers.. seriously so. The water in the winter... it's a lot... if i never see another frozen pail again it'll be to soon..[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Geese. [​IMG].

I prefer ducks over chickens though. My ducks are extremely messy but have always had much better personalities than chickens.

9. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

right now at the moment...DUCKS! but once the Leghorns start laying, my favoritism will change.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by