Teen daughter made it to state diving! Even with a bad attitude =)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pbjmaker, Nov 4, 2009.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    So my daughter has had a horrible year with diving. She has been sick this season and is at a level where she needs to do harder dives. There is a dive that she was doing that scared her (she doesn't know why) and she failed it at a meet. Had to be asked to step down off the board. She has the potential to be one of the best divers in the state but is getting mental blocks all of a sudden. That is causing friction between her coaches and her to the point where she is not sure she wants to dive next year. That would be very sad because she is built for this sport or gymnastics (did that for 9 years but it got too painful), has a very natural ability in it but has become frustrated. Part of it is that teenage attitude of I just want to hang out with my friends and shirk all responsiblity. GRRRRRRR. Anywho even with being sick and a bad attitude she made it to state. The competition is this Friday afternoon and in 1 day she learned 3 new dives that are "hard". The best one being a forward somersault with a double twist. And they look GOOD! This is only her second season diving and I hope it ends on a good note for her and her coaches. Wish us luck!

Her is Amber doing one of her easier dives:

[​IMG]

2. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    That was really good!!!!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That's excellent! [​IMG]

I wish her all the luck in the world tomorrow! [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Good luck!! [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Good luck!

Is it because your daughter might have a "burnout"? Sometimes the pressures would be too great right now and the expectations from people could be overwhelming for her right now. A break from diving can bring back her confidence and see if she wanted to continue with diving or find something else that she can handle the sport stress.

I think she is awesome!

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Congrats to her, and good luck at State.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by