Teen+DL+Friday night=stressed out Mom

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenchick, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Songster

Jul 1, 2011
    It gets easier with time.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Thank you, I know you are right, its just tough to get used too. [​IMG]

3. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    My hubby's mom made him read this and he made all the kids in our family (nephews, son) read this when they got their license.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I do hope my son "gets it". Our neighbor's son (was 17 and having just got his license) was out on the back roads at night with a friend. He was speeding, not wearing a seat belt when they hit a curve and he lost control and flipped his station wagon and he was thrown from the car. Pronounced on the scene. His parents were EMTs, his sisters were EMTs, He was an EMT. He should have known better. Sometimes they just think they are invincible.

I am so glad your son is safe, that he texted you and that he was home early. Don't let him forget that you are his mom and will always worry about him. My mom still calls me to tell me she worries about me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Songster

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Sounds like good advice! If it is not worth praying for, it isn't worth worrying about!

5. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Scooter&Suzie :

Quote:Sounds like good advice! If it is not worth praying for, it isn't worth worrying about!

Words of Wisdom!! Thank you!​

6. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Oh my gosh!!! I have read that but it was many years ago. I agree he should read it, I will print it our now! Thank you for reminding me. [​IMG]

7. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I just read that. I have tears in my eyes.

My DD is 17. I got a call a few months ago. She totaled her car. I work in a Trauma Center. By the time I got to the scene, I was a basket case. There was an ambulance and a State Trooper there. Out of everything I have ever been through in my life (and there's been a bunch af stuff), that had to be the most excruciating thing I have ever endured.

She was fine. She is not allowed to drive. I don't think she is ready. She caused that accident. She not only totaled her car, she injured her passenger (that she was not supposed to have had), and totaled the truck she pulled out in front of.
    I didn't think she was ready then, but the grandparents got her a car and, well you know how that goes.

Now that my DDs are old enouigh to drive, I may have to quit working in trauma. I can't deal with what I have seen over the years.

I think it's awesome that your son texted you, I think it's wonderful that you two got to stay up and visit. I hope your relationship will always be like that. It was heartwarming to read that.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: