Teen+DL+Friday night=stressed out Mom

thechickenchick

Born city, Living country
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eaton, Colorado
I know there are lots of Mothers of teenagers out there, SO I want to know how in the world you got past this worry. My son is 16 and he just got his DL on wed. We live in the country and he has been driving himself to FB practise twice a day since. The past two evening I asked him to be home right after practise, just before dark. But tonight being his first friday night with his liscense I told him he could stay out until his curfew, which is midnight. It took quite a while to get used to him being out with friends until 10 or 12 and being brought home by other kids. Now that he is driving it is a whole new worry
barnie.gif
So here I am up 2 hours past my bedtime praying for his safe return and trying not to drive myself nuts!!
th.gif

I can't relate to being the mother of a teenager but as a former teenage boy I can tell you when we were out that late we were always up to no good.

tongue.png

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

Always anxious, but here in NJ drivers license isn't until 17 and it is a provisional one at that for a year. Can't drive after 10pm as per the state. DS just swore into the Marines last week so though I still have a year before he goes to boot camp, I know there is more to worry over.

Thanx
smile.png
He will be 17 in November. He got a car for his birthday and has been tortured by watching me drive it these past months
lol.png
Now its like he wants to be in that thing every chance he has
roll.png
I am doing this
caf.gif
and waiting and as on fire suggested, praying!

Wow, I totally understand your concern as a single mom of two teen girls. I am hoping he's already home safe and sound by now. My thoughts are with you.

(I will keep all ugly stories to myself - yeah, to top it all off and make it worse for me, I work in a Level 2 Trauma Center. I hate knowing what can happen. )

hugs.gif
to you, and happy thoughts of your son safe and sound at home with you where he belongs.

Quote:
Oh I can't imagine the worries you will have!
hugs.gif
I wish my parents were still around so I could apoligize for all the worries I gave them
wink.png
With 2 girls I bet they paced the floor a lot!!

Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is only 1130 here and per his text (from a friends house) he is on the dark high way right now.
roll.png
Oh I can't imagine how different things must look from your perspective.
hugs.gif
My son was in an ATV accident (when he was 12) and in a coma for 20 days and everything that you know follows that, I told him through tears the day he got his liscense, please be careful baby, my heart cant take too much more. " I know Mom, I will"
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom