Teen Girl Sailing ARound The World Alone Is Missing!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Dec 20, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Not long ago, I started a thread about a girl who was going to sail around the world. She was a teenager but I can't remember her age. She is missing! As soon as I find a link to the story, I will post it.

2. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    let us know as soon as you find it

3. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    The girl's name is Jessica Watson. I just heard that she was missing on Fox News but I can't find any stories about this online. Has anyone else heard that she is missing?

4. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I just heard that, too, on Fox. I don't know what to think of that. I mean, you just aren't all grown up that age no matter what you think.

5. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
  6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    praying they find her safe and sound

8. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Not surprised! Sorry, that is insane to allow a child sail around the world by herself . With all the crazy pirates she could be in real danger [​IMG]

I just pray to god she is OK and just is out of reach on her GPS phone. So scary and i would be flippin out if i were her parents. Actually she would have never gone!! But i do realize she was brought up on the water and it's in her blood. All this to break a record???? Guess i will never understand that..............

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:That might have been the case. Fox news didn't go into detail so I might have mistaken one girl sailing around the world for another one. Although I am glad that it isn't Jessica, I am saddened that this girl is missing. Prayers are sent out for her quick return.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by