Teen Guinea Chickens and Guinea mom, help!

Nanny Deb

Songster
5 Years
May 25, 2017
NC
Still haven't mixed the two guinea keets with the flock (theyre about 6 weeks old).. However I have adjusted nursery where momma chicken ( who hatched them and 2 keets can stay on lower level of nursery and made an outside area so they can get used to the others but still have a thin wire fence between them. The nursery coop has a top level can be separated for my momma guinea with about 8 eggs. My question is.. Momma guinea who has made her nest in the middle of the guinea pen the time for hatchlings is here.. the other 3 guineas in the pen ( 2 boys, 1 girl )are running all around her she growls at them when they get too close. Im trying to figure out how & when to move Momma guinea to the nursery???? Do I do it now with eggs or wait???? Any suggestions? Either way is going to be challenging bc guineas are such nervous birds.

i feel so bad for her, she sits on those eggs rain, wind, etc...shes been so dedicated.. Ive been so blessed to see to good mommas this season... Momma chicken and her guinea keets, and this guinea momma steady laying on her eggs... Just got to love nature,.. I just hope the others guineas will be nice with babys before I move her. & thanks so much for the help...lol, just not sure what to do with all the guineas.. Nature is great but there are lots of predator's here and If I cant find them homes, I feel Im making food for the wild life.

Back
Top Bottom