Teenage Aggressive rooster. Success story

I never walk around any one out there (except the broody hens!) and expect my roosters to move away from me, and respect my space. Walking around him sends the wrong message!
He's still very young, so report back in a few months, at least.
Mary

Actually, it's best to walk straight at him and make him move out of your way.

Indeed.....the hormones haven't even started flowing yet.
He is bowing up, and trying to mount the hens.

As for the walk toward/walk away method.
For me when I used the walk right at the chicken method, it just made my old rooster more aggressive. After we started doing that, he would then sneak attack.

I recently got some chicks, first ones since I was a kid.
This forum is a treasure trove of advice and ideas! I am amazed at the diversity of opinions and experiences...it reminds me of advice on how to raise children! 😆
I’m much more experienced with children than chickens, but it gives a good context: irreplaceable wisdom comes with experience, and, at the same time, circumstances and living creatures are all different, so it “depends.” ☺️

Its been a long time.. But an update.

The training worked like a champ! It may have been that he was young, or the training worked.
Either way, the results were great.

Now we have a little silkie trying to strut his stuff. Did the same to him, and it stopped.

On the flip side.. we have a male duck and he is just a asshole. I hate ducks now. My wife loves him, so i wont say anything.

Back
Top Bottom