Teenage Crevie Chick in trouble...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ShelbyCoral, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Okay i have a chick that is about 6-7 weeks of age and she has not grown because i think she has coryza but never had the smell... but thats another story... ANYWAY! She is not doing so well. She has white pasty poop running down her butt and it smells horrifying! She wont drink or eat and is skinny, she is also very puffy and keep putting her head under her wing. Any thing can help right now as I dont think she will last tonight...

We have Tylan 200 at the ready if that is needed....

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Are you sure it's Coryza?? You mentioned the pasty poop and smelly butt...could it perhaps be vent gleet? Here's pics of the two:

CORYZA
    [​IMG]

VENT GLEET
    [​IMG]
    I wish you all the very best and hope your girl gets better real soon![​IMG]

3. It looks like vent gleet and i do think its that but I just wanted to make sure. None of my coryza birds have the eye infection... they just have weight loss, runny nose, weak, and boney. most of the time will eat but wont... I have had two of my worst girl stay alive under a heat lamp without meds. For some off reason they are still alive, NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING! They are my girls and I love them.

4. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Well, I hope she gets better real soon!

5. I just gave her a bath, and she perked up a little but I don't have any meds other than what I stated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by