1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

teenage girls best friends one day...... enemies the next

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mikensara, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    our teenage daughter was invited by a friend to go to another state for the weekend. The trip was planned by the friends father last minute so my daughter was invited last minute as well although i was nervous about letting her go she checked in and was responsible and the friends dad told me she was an absolute dream and he would take her on any family trip with them again.

While she was gone another friend of the girls was upset she wasnt invited and ok understably so her feelings were hurt but instead of the girls mother telling her daughter there will be other times you may get invited and someone else wont. The other friends mother told her daughter they werent good friends if they didnt include her. My daughter is upset and tried explaining she was invited and its not her fault she was asked and the other girl wasnt. Hopefully this will blow over soon before school starts.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Ah, teenage drama. Don't miss it one bit! [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Married one (yep, robbed the cradle), raised one, have 3 GD -- I still don't understand the dynamics. Gave up trying long ago. [​IMG]

4. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Sounds like it's the other mother's problem, making her daughter feel left out. Some people never do grow up, do they?

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Agreed...sounds like the mother is the one causng the problems...
    Sick....

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Miss it? Heck I just want to survive it! [​IMG]

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Oh my goodness! I can not believe that mother told her daughter that!
    Sounds like someone is taking some childhood issues out on their child... [​IMG]

8. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    the girls are no longer friends and I am absolutely delighted. The girls mother is absolutely relentless that her daughter is perfect and things came to blow on monday. I did ask my daughter what role she played in the new argument and so on. She was unaware as was her boyfriend (he was here all day with her and i was on babysitting duty keeping tabs on them) that the girl told her mother that my daughters boyfriend threatened her so yeah major drama with the boyfriends parents showing up here demanding he go home with them right away.

I told my daughter yeah you have to avoid her on the bus and you shouldnt have many classes together since my daughter is in the advanced classes and the girl is in normal class instruction and receives extra help. Last year the girl was never prepared and often asked my daughter to help her with her assignments. So hopefully this year we wont have this happening:) I told my daughter dont rise to the occasion just avoid her completely let her tell all the lies to her mother and her mother will continue to call the school and file complaint after compliant just as she has done for the last few years we have known them.

I have actually stood in the office picking the kids up for appointments and have heard this girls mother on the phone complaining and watched the school secretary roll her eyes and say we all know how perfect her children are [​IMG]

9. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    Some parents are worse than their kids. She sounds like an absolute peach...pit. Your daughter is better off without her.

10. Mama duck 8

Mama duck 8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Thats right

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by