Teenage turkeys jumping on cars.....mom is mad!!!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by austinhart123, Nov 4, 2008.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    she wants to build a house for them........does anyone have pics of a turkey coop

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Can't help with the pic - but I'd love to see one of the turkeys on the car [​IMG] (video would be even better)

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What are they thinking??? Don't they realize this is Thanksgiving month?

4. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Bet they don't have a calendar.... and I bet just hanging one on or near the car will fix it.

6. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Quote:LOL!

7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    they are soooo obnoxious (excuse my spelling) alway flying across the farm when i come around the corner, walking up and pecking people, chasing sparrows and pigeons, and jumping on cars..........they are sooo cute though, if anyone can help with ideas or pictures of live in coops and runs i would love it!

8. pdpatch

pdpatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Hastings, Nebraska
    I don't have any pictures of the the finished coop we are currently using for turkeys. But you can start with any chickens coop that has about 10 square feet per bird. The the current one we use is about 9 foot by 4 foot for a male and female Bourbon Red.

The turkey hatch for them to go in and out on it is 18 inches by 18 inches.

It has a short roost at one end with a clean out door for under the roost. It has a regular type door for use to get in and out. and two windows with wire mesh of the windows. The windows have flaps that can be propped open or closed depending on the weather. It also has a feed door on it so we can add feed, the long rectangular opening near the floor.

It sets on a small home made trailer that uses an old car axle for it's wheels.

[​IMG]

The siding is 1 x4 pine that I had laying around, that was given to use. Except for the fastners and nails I used on this coop every thing was given to use at some time in the past

This is our other turkey coop, and the Turkey run attached to it.
    [​IMG]

The size of the run was dictated by the amount of materials I had to make it with. It also is not to keep preditors out. But the turkeys in during the day. It ended up being 25 feet long by 8 foot wide. But should be longer so they can fly more.

We let the Turkeys out about every third day to free range while we keep an eye on them.

We consider both of these coops and the run to be summer Quarters. During the winter we will move them inside so we don't have to fight snow drifts in the winter to feed and water them.

Tom

9. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

writerofwords wrote:

What are they thinking??? Don't they realize this is Thanksgiving month?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. antlers

antlers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    East Cent Minnesota
    Sounds about like most species teenagers ! Jumping on cars, chasing stuff.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by