Teenagers and bedroom doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My now 18 year old sons door is in my bedroom.......

If he does not like the house rules, he is a big boy and can choose to move out and live on his own.

When I feel that I can trust what he is doing, he can have his door back.

Did I mention I have his door......

Quote:
I find that last part really strange. Most responsible parents do what they can to prevent that for obvious reasons.....

LOL I assume you mean it is more responsible for them to explore that elsewhere since in the safety of their home is strange and comes from irresponsible parents? Yeah ok I believe the poster was referring to a solo performance.
hmm.png

OP...I agree with stargazingmommy and practice the same here with one small exception....I am free to enter that room at any time I wish and knock first only if it suits me (which I do).

I did once upon time remove the door from my son's room after he slammed the door following his being grounded. He stormed off slammed the door and I removed it....he got it back 3 years later. Why so long? Because the toerag laughed when I removed it and said "Yeah how long will that last before my music and video games annoy you into putting it back" did not bother me at all... I also took the stereo, tv, video game system andd CDs and games and left the door off for almost 3 years...he was shocked to find out there was not a problem with a music or video games annoying me. He got the door back but nothing else.

Last edited:
Quote:
I find that last part really strange. Most responsible parents do what they can to prevent that for obvious reasons.....

prevent what? shut doors?

Quote:

LOL I assume you mean it is more responsible for them to explore that elsewhere since in the safety of their home is strange and comes from irresponsible parents? Yeah ok I believe the poster was referring to a solo performance.
hmm.png

OP...I agree with stargazingmommy and practice the same here with one small exception....I am free to enter that room at any time I wish and knock first only if it suits me (which I do).

I did once upon time remove the door from my son's room after he slammed the door following his being grounded. He stormed off slammed the door and I removed it....he got it back 3 years later. Why so long? Because the toerag laughed when I removed it and said "Yeah how long will that last before my music and video games annoy you into putting it back" did not bother me at all... I also took the stereo, tv, video game system andd CDs and games and left the door off for almost 3 years...he was shocked to find out there was not a problem with a music or video games annoying me. He got the door back but nothing else.

I think solo performances are a healthy and natural thing for teenagers. also i find the "toe rag" comment amusing along with the removal of his electronics and door. how old was he?
gig.gif

Quote:

Why I am not talking about sex but a bit of personal exploring why would a parent want to prevent that at all. This is the reason I asked it

Third: the door policy is the same in my house! If you are in your room door is open unless you are sleeping. Changing isn't a problem because of the way our house it set up, you can't see into any of the rooms unless you are in them. Slam the door because you are mad at me, off it comes. Don't keep it open when I tell you to, off it comes. Simple as that. My house, I pay for it, my rules. Don't like it, tough.

That a parent has the policy that no child is allowed to be in their bedroom with the door shut unless they are asleep is rather extreme. Someone even said if their daughters where alone in the room they would have to have the door shut or they would be in trouble. Well my sister and myself did spend time in her room without telling my parents what we where up to but then again how can you give your parents a surprise on their wedding anniversery if you cant keep the odd secret?

Quote:

hmm.png

Yes I was talking about solo performances but wasn't sure if the word would be allowed, some internet sites block out certain words.

From the rules
16. If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material.

This thread is also veering into the inappropriate for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom