teeny tiny egg

ChickenMommy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
North East Texas
Does anyone else's chicken's sometimes lay a Teeny Tiny Egg. I have gotten 2 this week. They are smaller in diameter then a quarter even. We cracked one open for giggles and there was a little speck of a yolk. The kids thought it was cute. Me...I am concered as they have never done this before. they Free range most of the day and there is feed/oyster shell ALWAYS available and fresh/changed every other day or so water/more so when its hot out to keep it cooler. When the eggs are normal(which has been always except for 2 times) they eggs are big, brown, and hard shelled.
Any ideas?

hi!!
my chickens once laid a tiny egg to!!! i dont think its anything to worry about!! by anychance do you have pullets that havent been laying very long!!!

mine laid a tenny tiny egg i think its from them starting up laying again,
hmm.png
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/lacy_94/?action=view&current=Picture169.jpg

Shouldn't be anything to worry about...I've had it happen here, too, and most of my chickens live longer than the norm...
wink.png

mine were only a few weeks old when they laid the tiny egg!! i think its something to with there body getting used to laying!!! its nothing to worry about!!!

One of my hens laid a tiny little egg like that in the driveway.
They were only about 15-16 weeks old at the time. I haven't seen another egg since. They are now 19-20 weeks old so anytime now I'm hoping.

smile.png
smile.png
one of mine did that last week and ours have been laying for a few months now. we bought them at four months old. i did not worry about it, it wasn't as big as a walnut even. i just put it with the rest of my eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom