Teeny Tiny Egg!!!

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Hi all, when I went out this morning to let the chickens out this is what I found! Has anyone else gotten an egg like this??? What caused this? Is it normal for this to happen occasionally??? Sure is cute...
roll.png
Waiting for DH to get home before I crack it open. I dont believe I will find anything inside, what do you think LOL

Tinyegg2.jpg

Tinyegg1.jpg

Hey dont crack it, blow it out and add it to your basket, we got a couple really little ones, they have everything inside like a normal egg, just not as much.

Last edited:
I thought of blowing it out... that was my first thought... BUT, how can you blow something out that small with out cracking it?????? I usually use a pin and then use a small knife with sharp edge to make the whole a little bigger so that I can blow it out. What do you use mdbucks?

That egg is sooooooo cute and it looks perfectly round. I was going to blow out the first tiny egg we received to keep, but haven't yet. I'm not sure how you would blow it out without breaking it. Very carefully and slowly.....maybe with a darning needle.

That egg is sooooooo cute and it looks perfectly round

It is perfectly round! That is why I dont know how to blow it out. I dont want to break it! Yes, very slowly is going to be the key!!! Whats worse is... I am sick with an upper respatory infection, so I am going to have to get one of my daughters to blow it out... other wise I am going to die from blowing LOL.​

I dont know last time we blew any out you poked both ends, with being round i would say opposite sides with pin then slowly chip one hole big enough for stuff to come out. always stuck pin up into egg to get yolk membranes broke.

Worst case you break it and you have breakfast for tommorrow planned out. then again you were gonna have a egg in a bowl that you have do do somethng with so never mind this comment.

Last edited:
Those are so cute! Boy am I enjoying your posts and pics thanks! I think that people use a safety pin to poke a hole in the egg don't they?

I get these eggs every so often actually got one out of the coop this morning usually the kittys get em I did however blow out the very first one I got I used a small needle just got to be carefull I believe they are refered to as fart eggs they usually dont have a yolk and if they do it is very tiny.

Oh its CUTE - and so perfectly round - I've never seen one like that! AWESOME!

I usually use a tooth pick to break the membrane, I also use it as a guide for the hole size... because they are small but big enough for everything to come out.

wren - thank you! you probly think I am the creaziest on of the bunch
lau.gif
which I probly am... thats okay...
big_smile.png
and yes you can use a safty pin. And your welcome for all the pics LOL... I have hundreds... but thought I would spare everyone LOL

I believe they are refered to as fart eggs they usually dont have a yolk and if they do it is very tiny.

Ohhhhhhh thats what a fart egg is LOL... heard of them but never saw one LOL.​

Back
Top Bottom