Teeth, Hair and a Hungry Hungry Rhino

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineappleMama, Feb 20, 2011.

1. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Just an update on our life as we know it...

Teeth: Got my two lower wisdom's cut out of my jaw on Tuesday. Feeling human again.

Which leads to Hair: Decided Wednesday, while good and loopy, to get DH to drive me to Sally's beauty supply to get rid of my gray.
    I picked a very vibrant red. Instructions for dark brown hair say up to 40 mins. I left it on my near black hair for 30 and I now have a hot pink head.

Hungry Hungry Rhino: Is what I have decided HHR stands for. HHR is a Chevy, and ours in particular since Friday is a maroony 2008.

We're about to head to Mum's for supper, now that we've got a dependable vehicle the trek to Crowley is only dangerous emotionally.

Hope my week at least gave y'all a grin!
    [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Based on your post, I would very much like some of the pain medication you're taking.

[​IMG]

Hope your jaw feels normal, soon! [​IMG]

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    ya know, I like the bright vibrant red hair dye too. I learned to buy 3 or 4 differnt colors and custom blend because the 'Intense Red' came out an intense pink on me too.

5. PineappleMama

Oh well, I feel better. Though, even my uber conservative MIL was saying it wasn't so bad by the end of our lunch Saturday so... *shrug* reckon pink is like a fungus?? Grows on you?

Last night was a bloody disaster. I read the map wrong for starters so we took a left onto FR 1157 instead of a right... went that way for way too long, when stopped they asked if I was heading to Mansfield... whoops. Mom wouldn't answer her phone, but Sis did. Tells me to go back the way I came and keep going and when I get to Crowley Rd turn right, then after tracks left, then left then right... so we're going and never see tracks... call her back. Nope poda be a left there at the light not a right, my bad. So we go that way... forever... no tracks. Left the house at 5:30, at 7 with an aching face, temper blown to hades and all of us hungry I finally gave up and we all binged on Panchos and then carried our sad bums home.

Get home to see that mom had called here, from her home and cell phones... wouldn't answer her cell... sis called and told her we were lost and calling... and she was lecturing ME. Considering the email titled Directions she sent me just gave the address... well she can kiss my toe. Did look up the map when I got home and saw where I went wrong, and then when Sis did too...

Yeah, that light? Not left OR right, we were poda go through it. [​IMG] Eh, we'll know for next time.

Taking the car in today for a free detailing inside and out... works for me. [​IMG]

6. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Have you not heard of Google Earth or Mapquest?...Just type in the address and download the map.

7. PineappleMama

Yeah, did Google Earth... even looked at the street view and all. I just read the map wrong.
    For some ungodly reason I got it into my head that I was poda head East upon exiting at Rendon...
    Got way the heck down East and finally caved. Stopped at a Shell and broke out the Mapquest, but since I was looking at the totally wrong side of the highway it was little help.
    Fact that it was an older Mapquest that didn't show all the new roads (aka subdivisions like the one Mom's in) didn't help either.
    So called Sis... she said to go back the way I came, across highway... in other words West... then turn right...
    Problem was that she meant VEER right, to stay on Main, not turn right to get on Crowley.
    So we spent a while going down Crowley hunting for the road we wanted. Finally caved and called back and she said oops, no not right at the light.
    So I said, since we're on Crowley mind, "I need to go through the light then?" in other words make a left instead of a right at the light... and she said yes.
    So we did that... it was after being on that for ages and still no sign of The Road that we gave up.
    When she said go through she mean IF we were still on Main... NOT if we were on Crowley.
    It was just a big snafu, my brain not working, DH's not working.... miscommunication is all.

REALLY frustrating because I very very rarely read maps wrong, very rarely get lost (n'mind hopelessly loss, the diff being can't find your way back OR forward) so I didn't realize I had myself all turned around until I was already cranky. Oh well. Now I know so maybe we'll try again next weekend or so.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:lol, Hungry Hungry Rhino, I got one too, but it's super starving.....!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by