TELL ABOUT YOUR TCS CHICKS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BA CHICK CHICK, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BA CHICK CHICK

BA CHICK CHICK Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg Va
    I LOVE MY TCS CHICKS VERY MUCH NOW TELL EVERYONE ON BYC ABOUT YOUR TCS CHICKS

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    We got 8 last year from TSC and they are great. 3 Buff Orps, 3 Black Sex Links & 2 Bantams. We added 4 Isa Browns the same day we purchased from a private seller. They all are wonderful layers now and provide us with hours of entertainment.

3. VannahRAe

VannahRAe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Hohenwald, TN
    I purchased 10 chicks from the local TSC yesterday and fell in love instantly. I got 3 bantams, 4 cornish rocks, and 3 unknown lol. I put them in their brooder and awhile later I went out to check on them and stuck my hand in and called out Here Chick Chick Chick and one just jumped right into my hand.:) [​IMG]

They really like running around in their future coop and the front yard. I like your forum topic!:)

4. dixiegal62

dixiegal62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Arab Alabama
    Got 12 buff orps today!!

1 person likes this.
  5. zookeeptd

zookeeptd Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    North Mississippi
    We got 12 Bantams on March 1st. Lost 1 lil brown and 1 lil gray with in a few days. I have mixed feeling about going back. Not because these 2 died. I know that can happen. I went back the following Thurs to look for Silkies. There were none but ofcourse just had to look!! 1 brooder had a dead chick so I ask a worker to remove the lil baby. He did then went back to his tasks. I walked around to the next brooder to find another poor baby who had been dead for awhile. The lil thing had been trampled on quiet a bit. I saw another in the next brooder. I've called TSC 3 times and been in there 2-3 times over the past few weeks and all I've heard is how "sick they are of dealing with them" and "oh plz take em all! We're tired of hearing them". I was looking forward to going back in cuz it's fun to see what they have this time but I think I'll just order from the place I have before. Had no issues.

6. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 8 from TSC last week. 4 cornish rocks, one rir pullet, one black jersey giant pullet and two light brahmas. The rir is very friendly, the BJG isn't fond of being handled, both brahmas have had issues, and the cornish rocks are semi friendly but we dont push it on them. [​IMG]
    Luckily the one brahma has started to eat and finally figured out where the water is.

7. SC Yankee

SC Yankee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Saint Matthews, SC, USA
    From the TSC in Orangeburg SC, I picked up my first chicks; 6 straight run Buff Orphingtons and 6 Rhode Island Red pullets. This is that start of the second week. The RIR's were about a week old when I got them, so they're a little bigger than the BO's. Now the race is on to build a coop. So many ways to do it,,,,,so little time.

[edit] My coworker says I should get a RIR rooster to cross with his Delaware to make Red Star Sex link birds. He hasn't ordered from Murray McMurray yet, so I asked him to add 3 Red Stars pullets to my new flock.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  8. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    I just got barred rock poulets and 4 RIR's. I forgot to asked if they had been given any vaccines. Does anyone know if they vaccinate chicks for anythings?

9. SC Yankee

SC Yankee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Saint Matthews, SC, USA
    TSC does not vaccinate against Marek's but does have the stuff you can use to do that. I was told that unless your flock is located near other flocks, then it might not be necessary as it's spread by dander and feathers. I didn't do mine.

10. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    I'm off to pic up a dozen TSC babies tomorrow! Brooder's set up, but I haven't decided which breeds yet...lol. Probably buff orps and aussies, brahmas if they have them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by