1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tell me about African Crowned cranes............ Pics P-2

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, Oct 14, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Any info is appreciated. From young chicks on, what are the need to know info.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. user66647

user66647 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    NYC
    If you got em you are so darn lucky, I've been trying to find some for like ever! [​IMG]

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm hoping to pick up my 2 chicks this weekend or next....... they will be related however, so I will need to find someone else to swap bloodlines with or think of something.... hehe....... so excited!

4. Charliet

Charliet away

Apr 8, 2010
    macon GA
    They have to be dna sexed no differences between male and female

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thanks Charliet.

6. HeatherL

HeatherL Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2008
    High Desert
    Ihave had mine for three years, they are wonderfull birds, they like to follow me up and down the aviary, and "dance" by jumping up and down, mine werent people raised but have tamed down alot, as they get older they tend to pick on the other birds in their avairy, (peafowl) they like to nest on a platform, so mine have a stack of straw bales to nest on. They also use their pond quite a bit too.

[​IMG]

7. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    You aint jumped on those yet CZ??? What's wrong with you??

Get 'em girl, then hook me up once you raise some, LOL

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    A friend of mine has one show up every day in her field. He flies over to Orange Lake, spends some time there, and then comes back in the evening to the back of her property. Been there for about 3 years.

9. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    I can get them dont know alot about them but have a friend that has almost every rare or hard to get species
    This guy has things I have never heard of
    His are absolutely beautiful
    PM me if interested we will talk

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

BB, I'm suppose to be picking them up this Sat, can hardly wait. My friend had to come up with the rest of the funding for hers, so i didn't want to leave just one by itself, so I held off picking mine up until Sat. I will be raising the 3 of them for awhile since she is always working. I'm going to get them DNA sexed/ pinioned as soon as I get them home.

Mine will be related, so I will need to find someone that may want to swap bloodlines ( if I'm lucky)... hehe .......then you will be first on the list BB. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by