Tell me about Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Livinzoo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Well it all started as I found a pig near Niagara Falls that I want. And well now, we might be going there as a HONEYMOON!!!! So I'm excited. There has been no official proposal or anything.

But tell me about Niagara Falls!

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Its really tall and there is a lot of water... [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Real wet and misty.

Maids of mist travel there.

Take your passport, looks better from C A N A D A.

Not a good idea to go over them in a barrel.

I was there the summer of 2006. (first time, would love to go again... I was impressed with all of the wild turkeys you see along the freeway going east on 90 from Buffalo.)

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Stonebriar Farm

Stonebriar Farm Out Of The Brooder

I hope you do get a chance to visit Canada when you are in Niagara Falls! One of the nicest drives is to cross the bridge from Louiston, NY to Queenston, ON and then drive down the parkway toward Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. It's really wonderful.
    You'll drive right past the butterfly conservatory where you can walk in greenhouses full of butterflies.

A short drive the other way is Niagara-on-the-lake, a lovely town with lots of things to do if shopping, restaurants and antiques are your thing. There are vineyards and orchards galore if you would rather tour the countryside. There is certainly enough to do in Niagara Falls itself to keep you busy.

Not too many people I've met are thinking of picking up a pig and making it a honey moon - I think it's great fun!

6. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    I've been there twice, its built up so much since going there the first time. I stay in Canada when I go.

If you take the Bridge Walk across the river be sure to bring your passport!! They do not tell you this when you pay and enter the bridge, only when you try to get back off! We got stuck on the bridge for awhile until the customs guard finally let us through. The only reason we were able to come back into the country was because he remembered us. I dont know if he kept us there for humor or for what but we started to panic because our luggage, car, passports, and everything was at our hotel! We couldnt get back into the US, or Canada....we were stuck! It was pretty late out, and we were a group of family so I guess he understood. I guess there is one small sign posted before you enter the bridge but the words are about THIS BIG!!

You must go on the Maid of the Mist! I went on this both times, and it was awesome! The boat drives really close to the Falls, and its pretty exciting! Dont worry they give you cool blue panchos to keep so you dont get AS wet!

Dont forget to visit the garden right next to the falls, its pretty and very romantic! While you are there look on the small bridge closest to the street and tell me if "HC + VG forever" is still carved there. My ex did it lol. Scratch it off! We were soooo not forever!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Good Morning,
    I grew up about 15 miles from there and had my wedding reception at a place overlooking the Falls. StoneBriar gave you great tips on the things to see when you are in the area. I will add that if you can avoid June, July and August, you should. It is crazy with tourists. September is a wonderful time to visit the area as it is the time of the harvest and the fresh fruits and veggies available are amazing. I would put one of our peaches up against yours any day!! The grape harvest is in full swing and in the outlying areas, you can't swing a cat without hitting a quaint little vineyard. The days are warm and the nights cool. September is many peoples' favourite month around here. I would encourage you to stay in Niagara on the Lake. It is a beautiful little town with some very nice inns. Hope you enjoy your stay. Carolyn

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Niagara Falls is awesome. Canadian side is a must see. I hope I get to go back someday.

Mahonri wrote:
    Not a good idea to go over them in a barrel.

Mahonri did you use a plastic or a wood barrel [​IMG]

9. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I like the canada side best personally. You can always walk across the bridge from the U.S. to canada

10. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    we are planning a trip to Niagra for next year. cant wait since I have never been. My sister and her dh went as part of their car trip back during their honeymoon. The picks and video were breathtaking. I can only imagine the grandeur in real life

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by